|Joan Callaso Jazz Vocalist|
|Norman Bolden owner of Room 43|
|Larry Hanks (piano), Larry Gray (bass), Kwame Steve Cobb (drums)|
|Hyde Park Jazz Society President Charlie Thomas and Secretary Judith Stein|
|Hyde Park Jazz Society Attendees|
Hyde Park Jazz Society in Chicago preserves the history of jazz in Hyde Park. The Hyde Park Jazz Society (HPJS) promotes jazz performances in the Hyde Park and mid Chicago South Side Community for jazz fans. It also develops and supports jazz musicians.
There was a jazz club located on the University of Chicago campus named The Beehive during the 50's and 60's where famous jazz musicians performed with students in jazz jams. The Hyde Park Jazz Society Sunday Night Jazz Jams at Room 43 continue that legacy with students jazz musicians and accomplished jazz artists performing improvisational jazz music for eager jazz audiences.
View Larger Map
- TIME: 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south
side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
|Chicago Jazz Alive on the Southside Map|
|Video of Joan Callaso and her Trio|